TFP Top 4 2016 Reads & 2017 Reading List



Considering the fact that I write numerous posts about my favorite books for every season (I can’t help it, I just need to talk about all the books), I thought it would be appropriate to continue with the trend and tell you my top 4 reads of this past year and also share my reading list for 2017!


I am not kidding when I say that after the first chapter, Fervent was already one of the most incredible books I have ever picked up. I read the book slowly and tried to really soak in what I was learning. If you are looking for a book to help you grow spiritually, fight off fear while beginning to trust, learn about prayer or to revamp your relationship with the Lord, this is it. I’m not kidding. Go buy this book right now! (Well, finish reading this post, include a comment below… and then go buy this book!)



This was the first book I read by Annie, and I loved it. This is an easy, sweet and funny read, yet it contains so much beauty and truth about who we really are in Christ and the joy He brings to the big and small of every day. And being the good ol’ Tennessee girl that I am, I really enjoyed how Annie tied in a guide to all things Nashville (where she lives) as well. I did not want this book to end, and it will definitely be making its way onto the coveted “Re-read List”.



“The person you are when you love Jesus with everything in you - your whole heart, soul, mind and strength - is the real you.”

Good grief. This book, yall. It is intricately laced with the message that  your dreams, desires and visions for your life, when matched with audacious love for Jesus, is the fulfillment of who you are meant to be. One of my favorite words from Beth in this book is, “If you only knew what He has for you. Not only after you kiss this life good-bye, but here on this earth and now in this season. If only you knew, your heart would be so swept up in audacious love that nothing could keep you from the life you were born to live.” This book is the real deal, and so very encouraging. You won’t regret reading it... promise.


In the midst of life’s ups and downs and constant changes, God’s love is steadfast. Lauren Chandler (worship leader and wife of pastor Matt Chandler) breaks down Psalm 107 that helps you understand (as the subtitle suggests) “the response of God to the cries of our heart”.   This book digs into some deep truths while still being an easy read. Whether or not you are in a good or difficult season, this book will encourage your heart and once again prove just how amazing the steadfast love of our God truly is.

Comment below and let us know what you think about my top 4 reads and if you are adding any to your reading list. And if you are looking for new books to compile your 2017 reading list, check out my list below!


The Magnolia Story - Chip and Joanna Gaines
The Songs of Jesus - Timothy Keller
Uninvited - Lysa TerKeurst
Present Over Perfect - Shauna Niequist
Loving My Actual Life - Alexandra Kuykendall
Simply Tuesday - Emily Freeman
The Fitting Room - Kelly Minter
Let’s All be Brave - Annie Downs
None Like Him - Jenn Wilkin
Be Still My Soul - Elizabeth Elliot


What are your favorite books? Do you have any suggestions for my 2017 reading list? Comment below!








No comments

Post a Comment

© The Front Porch
Maira Gall