TFP's Top 4: Worship Edition



There is nothing like God’s presence. It transforms in a way nothing else can. I believe God uses music as an instrument to teach us, sharpen our theology, encourage us, and draw us nearer to Him. Essentially, the purpose of music is to praise our Creator. However, Satan takes everything God intends for good and counterfeits it into his own agenda for evil. It is so important to be aware of this and to be intentional in filling our minds with the things of the Lord including the music that we listen to.

If you’re like me, you have a revolving playlist of “favorites” that changes daily, so expect the TFP Top 4: Worship Edition to be an ongoing series. I want to use this space to venture out past the obvious worship go-to’s like Hillsong & Passion (both amazing, of course) and instead focus on introducing newer artists, latest albums or revisiting some oldies but goodies you may have forgotten about. Enjoy!




Ellie is a personal favorite of mine because she saturates her lyrics with Scripture. A mix of feel-good melodies, heart-stirring prayers and ever-present encouragement, this is an absolutely beautiful collection of songs, perfect for an anytime pick-me-up and refreshing to the soul.



This album is brand new, released just last week. Shane & Shane have become famous for their heartfelt lyrics and tight harmonies, and this album is no different. However, I particularly love this collection of songs because it comes straight from Psalms -- at times the songs are verbatim. My husband says, "Psalms is essentially a hymnal inserted right in the center of God's Word.” By singing these choruses, you are memorizing Scripture and engraving verses onto your heart and there really is nothing quite like singing Scripture.



This album is simply beautiful. It has this peaceful and calming emotion to it causing you to realize you can take a break and a deep breath and rest in your Savior and His promises. I love playing this album in the early mornings while getting ready or during my quiet time.



The song How Can It Be became a huge hit over the summer, and rightfully so - the song is incredible. But I have found that the rest of her album is just as rich, deep and Spirit-filled as her first single. If you like Adele, you will love the sound of her soulful voice.



Also, for a bonus – here are my top 4 favorite songs right now this minute.
















What are you listening to right now? Comment below and let us know!



1 comment

  1. Love these suggestions. Some I have and some I'm gonna go download. Restore my soul by Vertical Church is a good one. Not sure how old it is. It is well by Bethel Church is another one I've been listening too!! Thanks. I love the music suggestions!!

    ReplyDelete

© The Front Porch
Maira Gall